The Moon On The Lagoon
AN EVENING LIGHT AND LULLABY TOUR WITH MOON AND MARS WATCHING
For this special Humboldt Park lagoon twilight get-together, Opera-Matic, along with local community partners, activated the paths around the Humboldt Park lagoon with orbits of light, movement, and sound. All around the lagoon, twilight happened in interesting ways, and the public was invited to join in lullaby sing-a-long stations, view the murmur of the lull-a-bikes gliding by, participate in flash-light flag corp dances, tour the lagoon’s lost light spots, and find community in the process.
photos by Scott Shigley
COME WATCH, LISTEN, AND PARTICIPATE IN:
- Serenading a Moon on the Lagoon- a large floating light sculpture that sings, sleeps, and sails across the Humboldt Park Lagoon
- Spying the Moon, Mars and Jupiter in the Sky- a special telescope station, staffed by knowledgeable folks, looks at the what's going on in the real night sky
- Light Sculptures-piles and clusters of lights make constellations on the ground the reflect a fantasy night sky
- Light and Lullaby Song Stations- special night time sing-a-long stations in unique spots located around the lagoon. Come sing and call to your friends from across the lagoon!
- Lull-A-Bike Sightings- night time wheels roll by throughout the evening- special guest fire-fly bikes provided by West Town Bikes
Enjoy Sheet Music From Moon On The Lagoon!
LULLABIES FROM MOON ON THE LAGOON AVAILABLE TO PRINT AND SHARE.
The sheet music is here now and soon we'll post recordings for you to practice with. To download the entire PDF click on this link and feel free to download! Moon On The Lagoon Lullabies
Instrumentals by Nora Barton and Matthew Shelton
COMMUNITY PARTNERS PROVIDING EVENT AND REHEARSAL SUPPORT INCLUDE:
The Adler Planetarium
Humboldt Park Advisory Council
Humboldt Park Community Song and Build Participants
Humboldt Park Montessori
West Town Bikes